Are you an experienced marketing professional?
Do you have a "work hard, play hard" mentality?
Are you organized, diligent and detail-oriented?
Are you looking for a company that offers perks like powder days, lunchtime bike rides and unlimited espresso?
Do you want to live and work in a place with access to world-class skiing, fishing, hiking, paddling and biking?
If you answered yes to all of the above, then Backbone Media has an exciting opportunity for you. We are looking for a motivated, creative marketer to join our hard-charging team in the newly created role of Business Development Manager.
The Business Development Manager will support and elevate the agency’s marketing and new business development efforts.
- Manages RFP (request for proposal) process by working with the leadership team, assigning and scheduling tasks, and planning presentations
- Responds to new business inquiries, researches opportunities, schedules follow-up calls and meetings
- Schedules new business meetings, including set-up, tear-down and planning
- Provides regular reporting and status updates on new business opportunities
- Develops proposals, scope of work documents and client case studies with concise and clear writing, thorough proofing, assembly and delivery
- Supports agency marketing efforts, including media relations, website updates, social media, and the agency awards program
- Proactively monitors competitive trends, websites and marketing outreach in trade publications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum two years of marketing experience
- Strong writing skills and proven writing experience
- Experience with Powerpoint and/or Keynote
- Experience with LinkedIn, Facebook and other Social Media tools
- Experience managing a Squarespace and/or Wordpress website
- Team-oriented attitude and willingness to pitch in wherever needed
- Desire to keep learning and advance within the agency
- Creativity and integrity
- A love of the outdoors
- A sense of humor
About Backbone Media: Backbone Media is a paid and earned media agency that partners with category-leading brands to target, engage, and inspire the active lifestyle market. For 20 years, Backbone has worked with gear, apparel, food and beverage, tourism, and technology brands. With offices in Carbondale and Denver, Colorado, Backbone has been consistently included on Outside magazine’s “Best Places to Work” list.
Job Description: The Media Coordinator is responsible for playing a key role in supporting the Media Planner’s day-to-day tasks for their assigned accounts. This individual helps the planner through all stages of a media campaign, from strategy to execution and reporting. S/he must be a fast learner, organized, detail oriented and be able to multi-task, as a day usually consists of helping out on multiple accounts.
- Support Media Planner during campaign strategy and media plan execution
- Conduct market and target audience research to assist in building media strategy
- Work closely with analytics, trafficking, and ad-serving tools to manage digital campaigns
- Build and manage paid social media campaigns, continuing to optimize daily
- Work with accounts payable department to ensure campaign’s budgets are on track
- Assist Media Planner in developing strategically solid media recommendations with supporting rationale
- Responsible for all campaign creative trafficking
- Be willing to keep up to date on research and media trends
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment that promotes collaboration, as well as independently
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Establish and maintain effective relationships interdepartmentally, as well as with outside vendors and clients
- Possess strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Have a solid understanding of mathematical concepts
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Understand interactive research tools including Facebook Insights, Google Analytics and Gfk MRI
- Has a basic understanding of the principles of marketing and advertising, along with knowledge of media concepts and terms
- Knowledgeable on all aspects of digital and traditional media, including search, SEM, mobile, OOH, TV, Print, Radio, etc.
- Detail-oriented with competent time management skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work under pressure
- Willing to learn new digital media platforms and familiarize quickly
Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following :
- Daily support for PR account managers
- Media monitoring and tracking
- Media database management and list-building
- News release writing and distribution
- Pitching brand, product and athlete stories to targeted media
- ROI reporting and results analysis
- Social media content development
- Bachelors degree in communications, marketing, journalism or related field
- Strong writing skills and familiarity with AP style
- Computer skills for editing and writing; knowledge of computer software programs such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Familiarity with popular social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Wordpress, Instagram, etc.
- Ability to work with strict deadlines, juggling multiple priorities
Strong interpersonal skills and a sense of humor
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- $17/hour for a six-month internship
- 40 hours a week (flexible scheduling available)