Do you have a passion for innovative marketing and a vision for how to deliver truly accountable marketing results? Are you intrigued by the opportunity to work for one of Outside Magazine’s “Best Places to Work” in the heart of the Rocky Mountains?
Backbone Media, the leader in public relations and paid media for active lifestyle brands, is continuing to build its media team in Carbondale and Denver, CO, and we’re looking for a Paid Search Manager who will help drive performance across Google, Bing, Yahoo! and Amazon.
The Paid Search Manager will be responsible for the strategy, execution and optimization of paid media marketing strategies on behalf of Backbone’s clients. Platform certification and previous experience in Google AdWords and Google Analytics are required. The Paid Search Manager will partner with Backbone’s media and digital operations teams to develop innovative paid search strategies and lead the planning, execution and optimization of these programs.
The position requires the ability to apply detailed knowledge and expertise to actionable insights and recommendations. The successful candidate will have experience managing mid-to-large accounts, either for an agency or in-house, as well as the skills and enthusiasm necessary to be a part of an amazing team.
- Develop and implement paid search campaigns (including budget management) for clients — this includes strategic planning and implementation for direct response retail and tourism campaigns as well as branding and CPG campaigns
- Develop advanced keyword campaigns and efficient direct response programs for any given client initiative
- Deliver integrated paid search media campaigns with an appreciation for other online and offline channels
- Work with Google, Bing and Yahoo! to set up new client accounts
- Ensure all paid search campaign billings are up to date and all finance queries are followed up in a timely manner
- Analyze paid search campaign performance against client KPI's and report on trends and insights to key stakeholders
- Support in any new business pitches and related work as required
- Train/educate other Backbone media planners and coordinators and strategies, techniques and trends in paid search
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years managing digital media campaigns across multiple channels.
- Comprehensive experience with the most relevant marketing technology stacks, including but not limited to:
- Google AdWords
- DoubleClick Search
- Google Analytics (Standard and/or 360)
- Google Shopping
- Google Merchant Center
- Google Tag Manager
- Amazon Marketing Services (AMS Search)
- Bing and Yahoo!
- Google AdWords
- Strong grasp of standard frequentist statistical approaches used in marketing that informs a strong understanding of traditional, digital, and integrated measurement strategies, with the ability to implement and/or contribute to plans for elements such as:
- Control / Exposed group split testing
- Multi-cell split testing
- Incrementality / lift measurement
- Attribution model & technology alteration
- Google Insights
- The ability to provide polished, professional written and verbal communication in an appropriate tone, regardless of the situation
- Basic capacity to generate visual narratives, in PowerPoint and other formats, in some cases aided by designers but occasionally to the point of full readiness for external presentation
- Advanced understanding of Excel and competency in PowerPoint & Word
- Excellent communication and literacy skills with an analytical approach to managing data
- Self-motivated and excited to take on new challenges
About Backbone Media: Backbone Media is a public relations, media planning and buying, and social media agency that partners with brands to target, engage and inspire the active lifestyle market. For over 20 years, Backbone has worked with gear, apparel and technology brands, as well as tourism destinations around the world. With offices in Carbondale and Denver Colorado, Backbone has been consistently included on Outside Magazine’s“Best Places to Work” list.
Job Description: The Media Coordinator is responsible for playing a key role in supporting the Media Planner’s day-to-day tasks for their assigned accounts. This individual helps the planner through all stages of a media campaign, from strategy to execution and reporting. S/he must be a fast learner, organized, detail oriented and be able to multi-task, as a day usually consists of helping out on multiple accounts.
- Support Media Planner during campaign strategy and media plan execution
- Conduct market and target audience research to assist in building media strategy
- Work closely with analytics, trafficking, and ad-serving tools to manage digital campaigns
- Build and manage paid social media campaigns, continuing to optimize daily
- Work with accounts payable department to ensure campaign’s budgets are on track
- Assist Media Planner in developing strategically solid media recommendations with supporting rationale
- Responsible for all campaign creative trafficking
- Be willing to keep up to date on research and media trends
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment that promotes collaboration, as well as independently
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Establish and maintain effective relationships interdepartmentally, as well as with outside vendors and clients
- Possess strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Have a solid understanding of mathematical concepts
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Understand interactive research tools including Facebook Insights, Google Analytics and Gfk MRI
- Has a basic understanding of the principles of marketing and advertising, along with knowledge of media concepts and terms
- Knowledgeable on all aspects of digital and traditional media, including search, SEM, mobile, OOH, TV, Print, Radio, etc.
- Detail-oriented with competent time management skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work under pressure
- Willing to learn new digital media platforms and familiarize quickly
Are you an experienced PR professional?
Are you a passionate outdoorsman or woman who loves to hunt and fish?
Have you attended the SHOT Show, ATA or ICAST before?
Do you have a "work hard, play hard" mentality?
Are you a strong writer with great people skills?
Are you looking for a company that offers perks like powder days, lunchtime bike rides and unlimited espresso? Do you want to live and work in a place with access to world-class hunting, fishing, skiing, fishing, hiking, paddling and biking?
If you answered yes to all of the above, then Backbone Media has an exciting opportunity for you. We are looking for a creative, passionate public relations pro to join our hard-charging team as an Account Manager.
Job Description: The Account Manager (AM) has at least three years of public relations experience. The AM serves as a primary client contact, developing and executing strategic communication plans. The AM reports directly to the PR Director and is responsible for the daily oversight of two to three client accounts. The AM works closely with Backbone’s media planning team to facilitate integrated communications campaigns.
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with client contacts
· Develop and maintain successful relationships with key media
· Develop and execute strategic PR plans that deliver on client goals and objectives
· Maintain regular client reporting: weekly, monthly and quarterly
· Regularly pitch client stories to media and follow-up on story opportunities
· Develop effective press releases and compelling content for clients
· Create targeted media distribution lists and build new media relationships
· Monitor for client media coverage
· Attend tradeshows, sales meetings and in-person media meetings on behalf of clients
· Keep abreast of each client’s industry, competition and media coverage
· Have a solid understanding of social media networks and marketing
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Minimum 3 years of public relations experience, experience in the hook and bullet world is a plus
· Strong writing skills and proven writing experience
· Strong, established active lifestyle media relationships
· Team-oriented attitude and willingness to pitch in wherever needed
· Strategic and forward-thinking approach to PR
· Desire to keep learning and advance within the agency
· Creativity and integrity
· A love of the outdoors
· A sense of humor
About Backbone Media: Backbone Media is a public relations, media planning and buying, and social media agency that partners with brands to target, engage and inspire the active lifestyle market. For over a 20 years, Backbone has worked with gear, apparel and technology brands, as well as tourism destinations around the world. With offices in Carbondale and Denver, Colorado, Backbone has been consistently included on Outside magazine’s “Best Places to Work” list.