About Backbone Media: We are a public relations, media planning and buying, and social media agency that partners with brands to target, engage and inspire the active lifestyle market. For 20 years, Backbone has worked with gear, apparel and technology brands, as well as tourism destinations around the world. With offices in Carbondale and Denver, Colorado, Backbone has been consistently included on Outside Magazine’s “Best Places to Work” list.
Please no phone calls regarding job inquiries.
Do you have a passion for innovative marketing and a vision for how to deliver truly accountable marketing results? Are you intrigued by the opportunity to work for one of Outside Magazine’s “Best Places to Work” in the heart of the Rocky Mountains?
Backbone Media, the leader in public relations and paid media for active lifestyle brands, is continuing to build its media team in Carbondale and Denver, CO, and we’re looking for a Paid Search Coordinator who will help drive performance across Google, Bing, Yahoo! and Amazon as well as support the Paid Search Manager and the Backbone Media Paid Search portfolio as a whole.
The Paid Search Coordinator will be responsible for the strategy, execution and optimization of paid media marketing strategies on behalf of Backbone’s clients. Platform certification and previous experience in Google AdWords and Google Analytics are required. The Paid Search Coordinator will partner with The Paid Search Manager and Media Planners to develop innovative paid search strategies and lead the planning, execution and optimization of these programs for Backbones portfolio of Paid Search clients.
The position requires the ability to apply detailed knowledge and expertise to actionable insights and recommendations. The successful candidate will have experience managing small-to-large accounts, either for an agency or in-house, as well as the skills and enthusiasm necessary to be a part of an amazing team.
• Develop and implement paid search campaigns (including budget management) for clients — this includes strategic planning and implementation for direct response and branding campaigns for retail, tourism and CPG clients
• Develop advanced keyword campaigns and efficient direct response programs for any given client initiative
• Deliver integrated paid search media campaigns with an appreciation for other online and offline channels
• Work with Google, Bing and Yahoo! to set up new client accounts
• Work in tandem with account media planners to deliver great marketing results
• Analyze paid search campaign performance against client KPI's and report on trends and insights to key stakeholders
• Make strategic optimizations to meet client’s goals
• Support the Paid Search Manager in managing Backbones Paid Search portfolio
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 1-2 years managing Paid Search campaigns
- Comprehensive experience with the most relevant marketing technology stacks, including but not limited to:
- Google Ads
- DoubleClick Search
- Analytics (Standard and/or 360)
- Merchant Center
- Tag Manager
- Amazon Marketing Services (AMS Search)
- Bing and Yahoo!
- Google Ads
- Strong grasp of standard frequentist statistical approaches used in marketing that informs a strong understanding of traditional, digital, and integrated measurement strategies, with the ability to implement and/or contribute to plans for elements such as:
- Control / Exposed group split testing
- Multi-cell split testing
- Incrementality / lift measurement
- Attribution model & technology alteration
- Google Insights
- The ability to provide polished, professional written communication in an appropriate tone, regardless of the situation
- Basic capacity to generate visual narratives, in PowerPoint and other formats, in some cases aided by designers but occasionally to the point of full readiness for external presentation
- Advanced understanding of Excel and competency in PowerPoint & Word
- Excellent communication and literacy skills with an analytical approach to managing data
- Self-motivated and excited to take on new challenges
About Backbone Media: Backbone Media is a public relation, media planning and buying, and social media agency that partners with brands to target, engage and inspire the active lifestyle market. For over 20 years, Backbone has worked with gear, apparel and technology brands, as well as tourism destinations around the world. With offices in Carbondale and Denver Colorado, Backbone has been consistently included on Outside Magazine’s “Best Places to Work” list.
Are you an experienced PR professional?
Do you have a "work hard, play hard" mentality?
Are you a strong writer with great people skills?
Are you looking for a company that offers perks like powder days, a wellness stipend and paid volunteer time? Do you want to live and work in a place that boasts access to world-class skiing, fishing, hiking, paddling and biking?
Both Backbone Media and our sister agency, rygr, are currently hiring creative, passionate public relations pros to join our hard-charging teams. We currently have positions available for both Account Managers and Senior Account Managers in Backbone Media’s Denver or Carbondale offices, and rygr’s Carbondale headquarters.
Job Description: Account Managers have between three and five years of public relations experience. Senior Account Managers have at least four years of PR experience. Account Managers serve as a primary client contact, developing and executing strategic communication plans. Senior Account Managers work with larger clients and lead account teams. Both positions report directly to the PR Director or agency principal and are responsible for the daily oversight of multiple client accounts.
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with client contacts
· Develop and maintain successful relationships with key media
· Develop and execute strategic PR plans that deliver on client goals and objectives
· Maintain regular client reporting: weekly, monthly and quarterly
· Regularly pitch client stories to media and follow-up on story opportunities
· Develop effective press releases and compelling content for clients
· Create targeted media distribution lists and build new media relationships
· Monitor for client media coverage
· Attend tradeshows, sales meetings and in-person media meetings on behalf of clients
· Keep abreast of each client’s industry, competition and media coverage
· Have a solid understanding of social media networks and marketing
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Minimum three years of public relations experience
· Strong writing skills and proven writing experience
· Entrepreneurial spirit and drive to overdeliver for clients
· Ability to cultivate and maintain media and industry relationships
· Team-oriented attitude and willingness to pitch in wherever needed
· Strategic and forward-thinking approach to PR
· Desire to keep learning and advance within the agency
· Creativity and integrity
· A love of the outdoors
· A sense of humor
About Backbone Media: Backbone Media is a public relations, media planning and buying, and social media agency that partners with brands to target, engage and inspire the active lifestyle market. For 20 years, Backbone has worked with gear, apparel and technology brands, as well as tourism destinations around the world. With offices in Carbondale and Denver, Colorado, Backbone has been consistently included on Outside magazine’s “Best Places to Work” list.
About rygr: rygr (pronounced rig-or) is a new media agency for today’s new media world. We partner with leading active lifestyle brands to orchestrate 360-degree product and brand campaigns. We excel in the gray zone between paid, earned and owned media. www.rygr.us
No phone calls please.