Are you an experienced PR professional?
Do you have a "work hard, play hard" mentality?
Are you a strong writer with great people skills?
Are you looking for a company that offers perks like powder days, lunchtime bike rides and unlimited espresso? Do you want to live and work in a place with access to world-class skiing, fishing, hiking, paddling and biking?
If you answered yes to all of the above, then Backbone Media has an exciting opportunity for you. We are looking for a creative, passionate public relations pro to join our hard-charging team as an Account Manager.
Job Description: The Account Manager (AM) has at least three years of public relations experience. The AM serves as a primary client contact, developing and executing strategic communication plans. The AM reports directly to the PR Director and is responsible for the daily oversight of two to three client accounts. The AM works closely with Backbone’s media planning team to facilitate integrated communications campaigns.
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with client contacts
· Develop and maintain successful relationships with key media
· Develop and execute strategic PR plans that deliver on client goals and objectives
· Maintain regular client reporting: weekly, monthly and quarterly
· Regularly pitch client stories to media and follow-up on story opportunities
· Develop effective press releases and compelling content for clients
· Create targeted media distribution lists and build new media relationships
· Monitor for client media coverage
· Attend tradeshows, sales meetings and in-person media meetings on behalf of clients
· Keep abreast of each client’s industry, competition and media coverage
· Have a solid understanding of social media networks and marketing
· Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum three years of public
· Strong writing skills and proven writing experience
· Strong, established active lifestyle media relationships
· Team-oriented attitude and willingness to pitch in wherever needed
· Strategic and forward-thinking approach to PR
· Desire to keep learning and advance within the agency
· Creativity and integrity
· A love of the outdoors
· A sense of humor
About Backbone Media: Backbone Media is a public relations, media planning and buying, and social media agency that partners with brands to target, engage and inspire the active lifestyle market. For 20 years, Backbone has worked with gear, apparel and technology brands, as well as tourism destinations around the world. With offices in Carbondale and Denver, Colorado, Backbone has been consistently included on Outside magazine’s “Best Places to Work” list.
Backbone Media is not hiring currently, but our agency is growing and we're always on the lookout for talented people to join our team. Inspire us!