At Backbone, we live by the mantra that passion drives results. We strive to align our clients with our team members’ interests, bridging the gap between work and play, keeping an eye on the elusive work/life balance. If you join our 75-person team of smart, driven marketers, you’ll become part of an extended work family, drawn together by a passion for an active lifestyle.
We’re looking for an experienced Associate PR Director to lead our growing portfolio of hunting, fishing and motorsports brands. The Associate PR Director will support each account team, working directly with clients and co-workers to provide strategic direction, creative thinking, copyediting, event support, media introductions, and collaboration opportunities with other brands. This position reports to the VP Public Relations.
The ideal Associate PR Director for this role is a critical thinker who has proven PR experience in the hunting, fishing and/or motorsports industry. S(he) possesses a strong desire to join and be a leader at a best-in-class agency and is passionate about taking a hands-on, active role in shaping the future of Backbone Media.
· Provide daily support and guidance to account team members within a defined roster of clients
· Take ownership and accountability for results produced by account teams, ensuring that client goals are being exceeded, deadlines are met with high-quality work, and maintain a steady pulse on client satisfaction levels, proactively addressing issues as needed
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with client contacts and key media members
· Support in the development of strategic PR plans that deliver on client goals
· Copyedit press releases and client content
· Oversee client reporting and communications
· Oversee PR events, tradeshows and media trips
· Support in client crisis communications
· Keep abreast of the active lifestyle, outdoor and media industry
· Attend tradeshows and sales meetings
· Cross-promote expertise and share knowledge across all departments and teams
· Bachelor's degree in communications, business or marketing concentration preferred
· 5+ years of relevant PR and marketing experience
· Excellence in account management, strategy development and client services
· Established relationships with hunting, fishing and motorsports media
· Experience with copyediting, including AP style
· Experience with all the major social media platforms
· Extremely high attention to detail
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize requests, multi-task and meet tight deadlines
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
· Experience with media monitoring platforms like Cision, Meltwater and/or TrendKite
· Ability to operate independently and exercise sound judgment in decision-making
· Proven success in managing and growing client relationships
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with peers, clients, and strategic partners
· Team-oriented attitude and willingness to pitch in wherever needed
· Desire to keep learning and advance within the agency
· Entrepreneurial spirit and a willingness to raise a hand when in need
The Extra Mile
· Understanding of Backbone’s core values
· A love of the outdoors and especially hunting, fishing and motorsports
· A sense of humor
Be you, on our team. We seek to build an inclusive team and culture that values diverse lived experiences, backgrounds and skillsets.
About Backbone Media: We are the country's leading active lifestyle media agency. For 23 years, Backbone has partnered with brands big and small to develop and execute effective, integrated media strategies. With offices in Carbondale and Denver, Colorado, Backbone has been consistently included on Outside Magazine’s “Best Places to Work” list.
Please no phone calls regarding job inquiries.