At Backbone, we live by the mantra that passion drives results. We strive to align our clients with our team members’ interests, bridging the gap between work and play, keeping an eye on the elusive work/life balance. If you join our 75-person team of smart, driven marketers, you’ll become part of an extended work family, drawn together by a passion for an active lifestyle.
We’re looking for an experienced PR Account Manager (AM) to work with our growing portfolio of hunting, fishing and motorsports brands. The AM serves as the primary client contact, developing and executing the PR strategy for 3-4 clients. This position reports to the VP Public Relations and the PR Directors.
The ideal PR AM has proven PR and/or marketing experience in the hunting, fishing and/or motorsports industry. S(he) possesses a strong desire to join and be a leader at a best-in-class agency.
· Develop and execute strategic PR plans that deliver on client goals
· Comprehensive, effective account management – organizing regular client communications, meetings and reporting
· Develop and maintain effective relationships with key media
· Regularly pitch client stories to media and follow-up on story opportunities
· Develop, organize and attend press trips on behalf of clients
· Attend tradeshows and sales meetings
· Develop effective press releases and compelling content for clients
· Create and maintain targeted media distribution lists and build new media relationships
· Monitor for client media coverage
· Manage product seeding and shipping to media
· Keep abreast of each client’s industry, competition and media coverage
· Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism or related field
· 2+ years of PR or related marketing experience
· Strong writing skills and familiarity with AP style
· Computer skills for editing and writing; knowledge of computer software programs such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
· Experience with media monitoring platforms such as Cision, Meltwater and/or TrendKite
· Familiarity with popular social media channels including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
· Ability to work with strict deadlines, juggling multiple priorities
The Extra Mile
· Understanding of Backbone’s core values
· A love of the outdoors
· A sense of humor
Be you, on our team. We seek to build an inclusive team and culture that values diverse lived experiences, backgrounds and skillsets.
About Backbone Media: We are the country's leading active lifestyle media agency. For 23 years, Backbone has partnered with brands big and small to develop and execute effective, integrated media strategies. With offices in Carbondale and Denver, Colorado, Backbone has been consistently included on Outside Magazine’s “Best Places to Work” list.
Please no phone calls regarding job inquiries.