Backbone Media is looking for a PR Account Coordinator to join our growing team. We’re searching for someone who is a strong communicator and highly organized, with a desire to learn about PR strategy and execution. Strong writing and great people skills are mandatory. Backbone represents some of the leading active lifestyle brands in the world and we offer perks like powder days, a wellness stipend, a gear closet and paid volunteer time.
Job Description: The Account Coordinator (AC) has a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing or a related field, ideally with relevant work or internship experience. The AC supports the account management team, executing the tactical elements and reporting on the outcomes of our clients' PR campaigns. The AC reports directly to an Account Manager. The AC works closely with Backbone’s paid media team to facilitate integrated communications campaigns.
Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
· Daily support for PR account managers
· Media monitoring and tracking
· Media database management and list-building
· News release writing and distribution
· Pitching brand, product and athlete stories to targeted media
· ROI reporting and results analysis
· Social media monitoring and content development
· Attend tradeshows, sales meetings and in-person media meetings on behalf of clients
· Keep abreast of each client’s industry, competition and media coverage
· Bachelors degree in communications, marketing, journalism or related field
· Strong writing skills and familiarity with AP style
· Computer skills for editing and writing; knowledge of computer software programs such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
· Familiarity with popular social media channels including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
· Ability to work with strict deadlines, juggling multiple priorities
· Strong interpersonal skills and a sense of humor
· A willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
About Backbone Media: Backbone Media is a public relations, media planning and buying, and social media agency that partners with brands to target, engage and inspire the active lifestyle market. For 20 years, Backbone has worked with gear, apparel and technology brands, as well as tourism destinations around the world. With offices in Carbondale and Denver, Colorado, Backbone has been consistently included on Outside magazine’s “Best Places to Work” list.